One of the main things that people hate about moving homes is the fact that they will have to relocate their furniture. Truly there is no other more difficult aspect of a move than furniture removals. Unless you are a bodybuilder who can lift a heavy sofa with relative ease, chances are you will find this task extremely difficult.
It may be difficult, but there are some smart tricks that you may have never considered before. Thanks to them, you will find that furniture removal is not as difficult as you thought. In fact, you will be a bit disappointed for not considering these before, but at least you get to use them in your next removal! Find out how you can save yourself a lot of effort by using these hacks:
- Disassemble some pieces - you are definitely going to have an easier time fitting large furniture pieces through narrow doors and staircases, if you disassemble certain components. For example, beds and tables are much easier to fit and carry if you don’t have to worry about their legs.
- Empty everything - this one is rather obvious, but it has to be mentioned anyway. Instead of trying to move your items when they are still loaded up, you should empty out everything from the inside. That will significantly lighten the load and make it easier to carry and transport. It is also the safest way to perform a removal, since it will prevent something from accidentally falling out.
- Use some tools to help - if you are not an expert mover, there is a high chance that you know nothing about the existence of things like moving straps.
- Slide furniture, don’t lift it - save lifting for your boxes - you will have plenty of opportunities to prove just how strong you are with them. When it comes to moving heavy furniture, the best technique is to slide the pieces, not lift them. Thanks to this tip you can save yourself a ton of effort and have an easy time moving your furniture.
- Aid sliding - if you do decide to slide your furniture across the room, you will do good to consider how to preserve the flooring. Heavy pieces should not be slid just like that as there is real danger of scratching the floor, especially if it’s hardwood finish you will be sliding them on. What you can do is slip cardboard or towels beneath the furniture pieces to make moving them across the floor easier and safer.
- Pulling instead of pushing - certain pieces of furniture are best moved by pulling. Place your arms on either side of the piece and move backwards. You will find this technique less tiring and much easier.
Whichever of these methods you decide to use during your removal, you will find that it is a lot easier.
Construction Trucks... How to Deal with...
Price Your Move
International Moving Companies (4) Moving Checklist (6) Moving Tips (36) Packing Tips (18) Removals (405) Removals and Storage (2)
October 2016 October 2015 September 2015 July 2015 May 2015 April 2015 March 2015 February 2015 January 2015 December 2014 November 2014 October 2014 September 2014 August 2014 July 2014 June 2014 May 2014 April 2014 March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 December 2013 November 2013 October 2013 September 2013 August 2013 July 2013 June 2013 May 2013 April 2013 March 2013 February 2013 January 2013 November 2012 October 2012 September 2012 August 2012 July 2012 June 2012 May 2012 April 2012 October 2011 September 2011 August 2011 May 2011 April 2011 March 2011 December 2010 November 2010 October 2010 September 2010 August 2010 April 2010 March 2010 February 2010 January 2010 December 2009 November 2009 October 2009 September 2009 August 2009 March 2009 February 2009 January 2009 December 2008 October 2008 May 2009 September 2008 July 2008